Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Baby Shower #1 12-15-07

So I am a little behind at blogging again but it has been a busy month. On the 13th, 2 days before the baby shower, I got the flu. I felt horrible and popped a whole lot of blood vessels in my face from puking so hard. (It will be a long long time before I am able to eat Culvers again.) Then it started snowing... and snowing... and snowing... a whole 8+ inches worth in Lake St. Louis so people started cancelling left and right. With the huge storm front came a migraine so I doped up on prescription migraine medication and hoped that I would not vomit on any of my guests. There was actually a really good turnout at the shower, probably 30 or so friends & family and lots of babies. We played a few games: passed the bink with chop sticks, smelled the baby food, made everyone tear out babies behind their backs. The guys raced to drink apple juice out of baby bottles and Norah's Uncle Gil won. I can honestly say that I do not remember too much after that. It was a bit overwhelming and we had a time constraint on the room so I rushed and rushed to open all the presents.

A big thanks to Aunt Jessi for co-throwing us the shower:


Barnabas & I with my mom, my sister, Lauren, and her other half, Gil.
Here are some shots of all our wonderful friends:



Cousin Aiden playing with a lantern.


The Phon's chose a bath time and meantime theme.
Uncle Gil, Uncle Chad and good friend Tim chug apple juice.
Uncle Gil wins!



No comments: