Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 7, 2008

Healing

Norah is quickly healing from surgery and we are all counting down the days until I can clean some of that crap off of her face. Her steri-strip is beginning to peel top down and I doubt it will stay on until Wednesday morning. Her lip stitches are dissolving quickly, hopefully not too quickly, as I cannot get her to keep her hands (or anything else in her reach) out of her mouth. We are decreasing the frequency of her Tylenol with codeine and giving her regular Tylenol instead and so far so good. I know she must be starving at this point as she just stares at us and ogles our food or looks longingly at her high chair. It must be hard not being able to understand all of these changes. She has been a trooper through all of this and is trying her best to laugh and smile even though I am sure it hurts her.

I think Friday was the worst day by far, feeling wise for everyone, and I did not take any more pics after we left the hospital. She was miserable, running a fever and her nose tubes were completely clogged so she couldn't breathe. She slept most of the day which was wonderful because I did the same. On Saturday she said "muh". It was not directed at me in anyway but it was the first time she made an M noise. I don't think she could have done it before with her lips. So I was pretty happy about that. Then we went to the pediatrician and big surprise, she had ear infections in both ears and is now on round 4 of antibiotics. Here is a pic of her stoned on Saturday afternoon. I had cleared away just enough of her tubes so that she could breathe but not parts by the stitches.

(Day 3 after surgery)

Then yesterday she was feeling much better and we popped over to the park with our neighbors. Several people have asked so here is a pic of the back of her head where her "lump" was removed. You may have to enlarge the pic to really see it through the hair since they did not shave anything.

Daddy loves his baby komodo dragon. So sweet. (Day 4 after surgery)

9 comments:

Destination Motherhood said...

glad to see she is doing good.

K said...

Wow, she really looks good after the surgery. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

That last picture is beautiful (even with the dried blood and nose tube).

Joe Raschke said...

You guys rocks! Cathy and I are looking forward to seeing your family Christmas card photos already. Does the trip to Vietnam seem like a long time ago?

-- Joe

baileygp said...

Wow...her lips look just beautiful in that last picture. Glad to hear she's doing better!!!

what said...

Such a hard time, but you are handling it like a pro! She looks great! :) Karen

Stacie said...

Oh poor girl! And, I know it's hard for you two to see her in pain. I'm glad to hear she's healing well.

Unknown said...

Our prayers are being answered. Even though it may have been a rougher road than expected, I knew in my heart, Norah would do well through this surgery. Grandpa and I love you baby girl. Continue to heal and feel better.

Lots of hugs and kisses for Norah from Granny Janny and PaPa NeNe.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Norah looks GREAT. (She looked great before surgery as well.) It looks like she had a wonderful surgeon. I'm glad she's doing so well. Very happy to hear it!