Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I hate those tubes

So Norah has pretty much been a cranky whiny little witch all week and that is saying it politely. She isn't sleeping as well with the tubes at night, I just don't think she can get comfortable on her stomach without being on her face and pushing on the tubes. We have one more week until they get removed. So all day long she has been very very clingy and won't let me put her down to even go to the bathroom. Tummy time has pretty much been unsuccessful as she will flip onto her back immediately and scream at me to pick her up, and again I am sitting right there next to her. She screams when I eat because she can't have any (mind you, I feed her first so her belly is full!). It has been a very trying week. My back is KILLING me. Oh, and did I mention the kicking? She has been kicking like a wild horse. I didn't think 8 month olds threw temper tantrums but that is what she does. And she kicks HARD. She will shake the floor or leave bruises on me when she really gets going. She also does it every now and then when she goes down for a nap and whacks the crib so violently that you can hear it anywhere in the house, thank god for crib bumpers. I don't know how she does not break her feet. She has such a big attitude. It must be the Leo side of her, just like mommy. ;-) I am really not sure how much of this is adoption related vs. personality related. My mom said my 8th month was really hard on her as well and I screamed anytime she was out of my sight. When we go out in public she usually behaves really well. I say usually because we had a bit of a incident at the grocery store this week when I put her Yo Baby in the cart. I knew she knew the containers as individual units but I had no idea she grasped them as a 6-pack. She flew around in the seat whining loudly and trying to get to them in the cart. Yeah, she likes Yo Baby that much. It is the only food she gets excited about, followed by cereal or whatever she sees us eating that she can't have. At least it wasn't a full on screaming & kicking fit. I should consider myself lucky.




We did have our follow up with the pediatrician who said her ears are clear for now. I was almost sure the ear infections were back with the way she was pulling on them. She weighed in at 16lbs, the same as her visit 2.5 weeks ago. Not being able to eat after surgery probably had a lot to do with that. She is eating a ton now and holding her own bottle. We had stopped her from trying to do that since we returned from Viet Nam but now that it has been 2 months I just gave up and let her do it.



Here is the face I have been getting all week.

Then after Barnabas gets home and I tell him about the fussy baby she gets deliriously happy.
So she goes to bed smiley!

And laughing.

We went to the park with her cousins. All she did was stare for an hour.
She did not like the swing and tried to grab me every time it came close. Her drool was blowing in the wind in 4 ft. long streams.
Then back to the bedtime delirious state again at bedtime.
Crazy baby.







6 comments:

Ann said...

Hi hope your days are getting better,your daughter sounds like mine when first getting home. Have you read about anxious attachment? Normally in older toddlers, for the meantime,hold her when she demands, never leave her side, even when you are in the potty. It will eventually get better.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. I obviously don't know in Norah's case, but in Mattix's, when he was home in the beginning, there was a lot of anger that resulted in my entire left thigh being black and blue for about a month. That kid could kick like nobody's business. :) Oh, and the slapping-of-mom-across-the-face move was a good one, too. He's now the happiest, sweetest kid and as it turns out, it was probably anger, frustration, confusion, and his past, not his personality. Hasn't kicked or hit in I can't remember how long. Poor Norah has had to adjust to an entirely new environment and undergo pretty serious surgery in a short period of time. Give her some time...I think she'll do very well with your love. Norah certainly looks adorable in her photos! Hang in there.

Dawn said...

She looks wonderful and happy in so many of the pictures. Hang on to the happy times through the tough moments. 1 more week!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Stacie said...

Cute stuff! Micah's 8th month was pretty rough too, if that helps. He kicks too (yes, still) - especially during diaper changes. Ouch. And, I used our ergo baby carrier pretty much non-stop during months 7-10 - he wanted to be held ALL THE TIME, so it really helped my back and being able to do things. (And now I'm using it again! :)

gigglechirp said...

gorgeous girl!! I just saw the pics of her and Micah on the swing. I think Mamush is gonna be jealous.