Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2nd week home

One month ago today we met our baby girl. Where does the time go??




Last week was Norah's second week home so technically this is the 2nd and part of the third. Norah has been adjusting extremely well to being home, in fact, we really couldn't have asked for things to be going better with her. Her appetite is back and she is eating well and trying new veggies. So far the ranking goes something like this:



  1. Sweet Potatoes

  2. Sweet Peas tied with Peas & Brown Rice

  3. Spinach & Potatoes

  4. Carrots

  5. Green Beans

  6. Butternut Squash


She is 100% on Similac now as we finished off the Vietnamese formula today. And we are working on eating Rice cereal & Oatmeal cereal combined with the very sweet Nestle cereal from Vietnam. That stuff takes like vanilla cake batter!





I am continuing to torture her with constant photo sessions, she is just so darn cute! And now that she is sleeping 11-12 hours every night everyone is in a much better mood. (Laura - I have no idea how you did it for so long, a few nights without sleep had me ready to go back to work asap. ;-) Clearly, I was delusional. )

Below we are eating peas for the first time and meeting good family friend Karen, who brought kisses from Granny Janny and Papa NeNe. She also brought presents for Norah which we are very thankful for. Thanks Karen!!!






The picture to the left has Norah wearing a "I'm Level 71 in His Heart" t-shirt. This is a throwback to daddy and his W.O.W. addiction.
Today was a beautiful 75 degrees and after I got over my weather change migraine we all went for a family walk in the park.

Norah and I were looking at the fountain and the ducks. Then she tried to fly like a duck.

Flying is fun!

Then we came back home and watched daddy do yard work. Or looked at trees or dogs ....

And drooled a whole lot! Then mommy laid on her back and I puked on her face. (See how much fun flying is???)

Then miraculously she was still awake so we played on the exersaucer a while before taking a power nap.

Whaaaa? NO NAP!!




Enough playing FEED ME!!!
One more thing, we know that the Viet Nam program is going through a lot of changes and that it is very scary for the families still waiting for referrals and waiting to travel to get their children. We just want everyone to know that we are thinking about you and hoping that things work out the way they are supposed to. Everyday I look at Norah and think about how sick with worry I would be if we were still waiting. We are so grateful to have our beautiful girl. Big hugs to Katy who is still waiting to get precious Yen. I think about you both every day!!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

11-12 hours a night?!?!?! Do you say that just to mess with my head?!?! :)

Great photos - she looks so cute! I bought my best friend the little gymoree goldfish outfit that I see in one of her photos. :) Good taste!

I'm glad things are going well for you guys. I'm still thinking of Katy, too. The pics you took for her were great.

Unknown said...

How cute and adorable is my grandbaby!!!!! Thank you Karen for bringing those granny hugs and kisses to baby Norah for me.
Love you so much,
Granny Janny
P.S. Will be able to give you for real hugs and kisses in 2 weeks and can't wait!!!!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the headband. Accessorize and you will be a little fashion statement!!!!!!!
Love, Granny Janny

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and follow your blog frequently. My husband is also a WOW player/addict and I would would love to know where you got it so I could get one for our baby from Vietnam when we get him/her. Do they have them in boy colors too?
Erin Vollmer
vollmer@abmfederal.com

Kathryn said...

I was just curious about how old do they want her to be before she gets her cleft lip/palate surgery? I love all the pictures you always include in your posts!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Have been excitingly following your posts, Dani. Love all the pictures. Norah is just so adorable. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still along on the journey and we miss you much.

- Amber