Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hanoi!

After a fairly uneventful plane ride (Norah was amazingly well-behaved on the plane) we arrived in Hanoi. I may have said this already (I'm all confused about what's been posted and what hasn't) but I really enjoyed Hanoi. Although I've never been to either city here in the US, Saigon and Hanoi seem to be like Miami and New York City. Saigon is a beautiful, bright, (HOT) vibrant city. It's wonderful to visit, but I couldn't imagine living there. I understand why people wouldn't enjoy Hanoi as much as Saigon, but there was something about it that I really enjoyed. It just seemed more metropolitan, with a little more consistent identity than Saigon.


Some views from our room at the Hanoi Hotel (up on the 9th floor).

The sitting room.
Bedroom.




The first step of any trip to a Vietnamese city is to find where the local market is and go buy some bottled water. I took these during my journey to the market.

And of course...the baaaaaaby.







No comments: