Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 3, 2008

Eating at the Rex

Here are some photos from breakfast and dinner on our last Sunday in Saigon (at least we think it was Sunday). It's all such a blur now.

The hot item portion of the buffet. For the most part I avoided this stuff, except for the bacon (which was a little salty). Dani usually ended up getting dimsum and sausages.


Many fruits. Pomello and dragon fruit were definitely our favorites of the different fruits we tried.


Breads and whatnot. By the end of Saigon, I was mostly eating Rice Krispies for breakfast. It was weird how being there affected our appetites. Between the heat and the general exhaustion, food just wasn't really a big priority (which is definitely NOT the usual for us).


The bar. Another really surprising thing was that nowhere could we find fresh juices. Each morning there was peach (which was my favorite, but was actually a nectar so was very sweet), apple (which was an apple juice "drink," orange (which I think was actually Tang) and grape (which tasted like Kool Aid).


Pure French roccoco architecture. Very ornate and gorgeous.

Up at the Rooftop Garden for dinner.





Shot of the famous Tax Market. I highly recommend for anyone staying at the Rex to become familiar with the Tax. It pretty much has everything you need, between the supermarket and the souvenirs and everything else.




Norah has a grand time drinking water from glasses.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Why do you have to mess with me like that? I know it wasn't your favorite, but I LOVED the Rex breakfast buffet every day and I ate something from just about every dish! LOVED it. I was usually too full for lunch. You're killing me...I have fantasies about this place.