Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tran Quoc Pagoda

One of the things I was really wanting to do in Vietnam was visit one of the many pagodas. While I'm no longer really a practicing Buddhist (one of the most impactful statements I ever read was "One shouldn't strive to be a Buddhist, rather one should strive to be a Buddha") Buddhist thoughts and practices still play a major part of my life. Being able to visit one of the oldest pagodas in Vietnam was definitely a highlight of the trip for both of us.





We felt a bit weird taking pictures inside the worship area itself, and they didn't come out well regardless.


Guatama Buddha.

Dani wanted to take this old lady home with us, she was so cute.




There was money all over the steps here. I couldn't resist adding to the donations. Shortly afterward, a random guy came and took some of the money, but not all of it. I assumed he was associated, somehow, with the pagoda.


No comments: