Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Four things, including 4 things!

This seems to be going around on the adoption blogs and 2 fellow adoptive parents have tagged me! Thanks Karen and Laura!

4 THINGS

4 Jobs I’ve had:
(1) Babysitter - It counts, it's paid! I started sitting when I was 11 and probably babysat at least once a week until I went to college.
(2) Hostess at Patrick's at Westport, the job from hell when I was 15
(3) Admin Assistant to multiple law firms and engineering companies
(4) Accounts Receivable Manager - current position

4 movies I watch over and over:
(1) Harold & Kumar go to White Castle - always good for a laugh
(2) Labyrinth - Yeah, never really outgrew that one.
(3) Garden State - This is Barnabas's favorite
(4) I am not a movie person, sorry. I usually watch once or twice and that is enough for me. But I like watching TV show DVDs: Buffy, Angel, and Gilmore Girls

4 Places I’ve lived:
(1) St. Louis, MO
(2)Columbia, MO
(3) I am boring, I have never lived outside of MO except if you count that summer camp in IN

4 Shows I watch (see now I have WAY more than 4, I will have to group them):
(1) Game shows - Deal, Power of 10, Moment of Truth, Ninja Warrior, American Gladiators, Idol
(2) Dramaedys: Desperate Housewives, Big Shots
(3) Reality - Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, The Mole (it is returning!!), Extreme Makeover Home edition (and yes, I still cry almost every time), Supernanny, Wife Swap
(4) Other: Heroes, Lost, Gossip Girl, Moonlight, Damages, Dirt, One Tree Hill, Jericho, ... and 10 million more I cannot remember... stupid writers strike and yes, I know my life is about to change.

4 places I’ve been:
(1) FL annually
(2) TN
(3) NH
(4) MA

4 favorite things to eat: (in no particular order of course because it changes depending on the day)
(1) Thai
(2) Indian
(3) Mexican
(4) Vietnamese
Anything with curry. The stuff is addictive, the hotter the better. Woo hoo endorphins!


4 places I’d rather be:
(1) Vietnam - getting Norah, of course
(2) Florida - It is freakin' cold out! I would love to be sitting by the pool right now
(3) Albany, NY - I miss my Val
(4) In my nice big new mansion. Oh, wait, that isn't real.... crap. I guess it doesn't count.

4 things I look forward to this year:
(1) Norah and everything Norah related!! I can't wait to see her face and hold her and smell her and watch her sleep and give her a batch and see her grow and crawl and talk and walk and... well, I better stop or I will never finish laundry.
(2) Not working!! Okay, I just need a break. Who wouldn't be excited about not working for 3 months?
(3) Starting our next adoption. Yes, you heard right, in approx. 7 months we will be at it again!
(4) Good news in the adoption community. Let's speed things up folks, there are lots of mommies and daddies that want their kids home!!

Great, now I am supposed to tag people but it seems like a lot of blogs already have this. I will tag Cathy, Katy, Ali and Jess (perhaps you can do it on Maya's mom). Participation optional. ;-)

No comments: