Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Received G & R!

So we are more victims of the new U.S. I-600 system as we got the all clear from the Vietnam approval side to come get Norah. Our agency told us that the last family to receive I-600 approval waited 5 weeks & 5 days so I am hoping that the longer time frame was because the Christmas and New Years holidays were included. Perhaps some staff took vacation during the holidays that slowed down processing? It is amazing all the rationalizing that goes on in ones head. Today marks our 2 week wait with the I-600 so if we look ahead 3-4 weeks we should be getting that approval the week of Feb. 18th. I think it will take that long because the embassy is shut down for about a week for Tet. I am SOOOOO excited all of a sudden knowing that we just have 1 more step before we can go get Norah. There will be packing pics this weekend, we are making good headway into our 5 page long packing list.

Oh and this wonderful news came on my friend Jess's 30th Birthday. I know that this awesomeness overrules the coolness of her new iphone and her new Rocket Dogs. I mean how could you beat this? Happy B-day Jess!!!!!!

7 comments:

angie said...

congrats!! hopefully it won't be long before you are on your way!

K said...

I'm sorry you are getting hung up by the new system. I'm sure we will be too, it just plain sucks.

Anonymous said...

I know how hard it will be waiting for the I 600 approval to come! You are in my prayers! Hopefully you don't stay up late every night obsessively checking your inbox for the approval! It WILL come! I so congratulate you on being one step closer! Hopefully you will have her with you before you know it!

Sincerely,
Karen Wall

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting one step closer to Norah! I know it will be very hard waiting for that I-600 to show up in your inbox.....but it will be there soon! Let us know if you need anything before/when/after you travel!

Matt and Ali Rankey
(across the bridge :0)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That's great news! I'm so glad you're only one step away now. It will happen soon, but I know it can be agonizing. I'm so happy for your family.

Stacie said...

That's great news! I'm glad to see you're moving forward!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. My husband and I will be praying for you as your family makes this journey of love. We are still waiting for our I-600 approval so I love being able to live vicariously through the families that make the journey ahead of us. Thanks for doing the blog! We hope to hear more news from you while you are in-country. Susan