Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I-600 Submitted

We got some pretty amazing news yesterday that our I-600 had been submitted to the USCIS in Vietnam. I was not expecting this to happen until next week (see calculations on previous post). Now we wait for an email from USCIS saying that they received our paperwork which, I have read from other families journals, seems to take about 10 days. I guess at that point our 60 day countdown begins. But there is still the backlog at USCIS and the time off for Tet. We tried re-running calculations yesterday... 70 days out would put us exactly on March 19th, the day our fingerprints expire. If we give them a week off for Tet then it is the 26th. That is assuming it will take the full 60 days (hopefully our worst case scenario as far as the wait goes but our G & R still has to be assigned during that time). I still haven't heard if the families waiting for 6+ weeks were approved yet. Maybe later today. I wondered for a while about the roller coaster and the good news. Then I remembered that we were only halfway up the last hill so we just kept on climbing. I sure hope we are not at the top.

4 comments:

K said...

Great news!!!!

Chandra said...

Congrats on the great news! I hope you get to travel soon.

Anonymous said...

That's great news!!! One step closer. I left a comment on your last post the other day, but I see it didn't show up. Anyway, I'm so happy you're moving along.

K said...

Hey there-

I'm not in accounting, it seems that if you don't choose an occupation blogger chooses one for you. According to blogger, I also live in Afghanistan. Have to fix that!!! LOL