Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I-600 Receipt

We received our receipt this morning that the USCIS in Vietnam had received our I-600. It is very weird getting an email from the government. It didn't even look particularly official. I don't know what I was expecting but I didn't think it would be a word document, with letterhead that could be easily moved or copied into any other document. It was strange. Anyway, I did talk to our agency rep. who told me that the families that waited the 6.5 weeks over the x-mas holidays really didn't have to wait that long. There was a mix-up with the government and their email approvals so they really only should have waited about 4.5 weeks. So now I have readjusted my estimate (even though I told myself not to because I will just be upset again if it takes longer) to mid to late February. 4 weeks would put us in the middle of the Tet holiday and so I think it is safe to add a week or two past that point which would be around Feb. 22nd. That was the date that Barnabas and I had decided it would be a few months ago. No idea why but that date sounded good at the time. It would be very very weird if it actually happened. Oh and in other good news, I found out yesterday that Yen's mommy, Katy, had her I-600 submitted on Wednesday so (we are hoping) to be approved around the same time so we can travel together to get our girls!! Yippie for Katy!! This weekend the packing begins...

2 comments:

Karen Wall said...

Your getting closer! I will keep you in mind during this time, because it can be very tough. Often I felt so close, yet so far away! E-mail me if you need to vent! I am hoping for February with you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Great news! I know this part of the wait isn't easy, but this is the last big hurdle! The 22nd sounds great to me! :)