Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

6 Months Today

Today was the day of our original G & R ceremony and we are not in Vietnam. =( Norah also turned 6 months old today. I wonder what she did all day, was she in a good mood or being fussy? Did she discover something new? Make a new noise? Sleep longer than a 3 hour stretch (please?)? In less than a week she will be in our arms and I cannot wait! Our tickets and Visas arrived at my work today, which resulted in me doing many stupid happy dances. I needed something happy because it has been a very stressful week and it is only Tuesday! Wrapping up my job is not as easy as I thought it was going to be. It is hard letting go!

Barnabas took his car by the fire station for the car seat inspection and 2 big firemen wedged it into the correct place. Yes, it was not right. Yes, we gave it a valliant effort. She will not be budging now. And for those of you asking, no, we are not packed. I have a big pile though, see...

I do know what is in there... sort of. ;-) I still need to finish washing Norah's long sleve clothes and decide what clothes items we are bringing but we aren't far off. We are set to leave on Sunday afternoon with a G & R possibly on the 13th. With everything shut down for Tet the agency will not be able to confirm that until we are in country. We also should be able to at least visit if not get her shortly after we arrive. We hope we are not too tired from our time traveling. I am still sick and St. Louis weather keeps doing some crazy 70 to 20 to 70 again every other day. Thunder... snow... I have no idea how to even dress these days. I am hoping against all odds my head does not explode on the plane. It would also be nice if my man voice went away but I would rather my head not explode if given the choice. I think I need to buy stock in the pharmaceutical makers of Nyquil.

We really really appreciate everyone's comments on the blog. I had no idea so many CHI families were reading!! It is nice to know who is lurking out there.

Oh and for Melissa who did not leave her email address, the bamboo was a vinyl wall decal from Blik Surface Graphics. They have a ton of really cool wall decals and lots of super cute ones for kids rooms too. Try http://www.whatisblik.com/. I tell you this was the ONLY good thing that came out of Jane magazine being cancelled. I did not want my Jane replaced with Glamour. It is not the same. But it did give me Blik. I am still upset that my very favorite lipstick of all time, made by Jane, is now nowhere to be found.

9 comments:

K said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 6 months already!

I'm sorry that your original G&R has passed, but you are almost there! Now get to packing!!! LOL

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

I know everything seems stressful but everything will go smooth. I will keep you in my prayers that your travels are safe. Bring a lot of light clothing because it is humid. Just bring some little blankets for her on the planes.
Cathy

Stacie said...

So excited for you guys! Sunday! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know...if you still have a very congested head to use "earplanes". i have used them a few times when i've had a cold and they worked wonders. they somehow really gradually change the pressure in the ears and so make it so you don't feel like you're going deaf! you can buy them at wal-mart, walgreens..etc. i think in the earplug section...or somewhere around there. anyway, just wanted to mention that. excited that you're heading out soon.
christina.....mom to our little andrew from russia. july 06

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know about "earplanes" if you still have a congested head. i used them a few times and they worked wonders. they help to regulate the pressure gradually in your ears and so you don't feel like you're going deaf. you can buy them most anywhere by medications....earplugs.
have an awesome trip.
christina.....mom to our little andrew from russia....july06

Laura said...

Happy six months to Norah! You'll be with her soon, and it's great that she's so young. I know it's hard to think about what she is getting and what she's missing Just know that you'll be with her in less than one week.

That's a serious pile. :) You'll get it all together and be ready to go sooo soon. I hope everything at work wraps up for you. You don't need any extra stress.

Soooo excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Is it Sunday, yet???? I'm dying to go vicariously to VN with you guys! Hurry up and get going! -Gina

Melissa said...

Thanks for the link! I'm now in love with that site.

Have a fantastic trip. CONGRATULATIONS!

Kathryn said...

I can't wait for Sunday, so we can soon see follow you in Vietnam, vicariously of course.