Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Counting the hours...

In less than 24 hours we will be on the first of our 3 flights to Vietnam. I am so excited!!! This was nothing short of the longest... week... ever. Right now I am alternating between being perfectly fine to feeling like I am going to have a panic attack to just wanting to throw up. Thursday I went to the doctor and she told me that I have a massive sinus infection and an ear infection. I am back on the edge of vertigo again which is just not cool. It took me almost 4 months to recover from vertigo last year and I really would rather not fall over and drop the baby. The doctor put me an agressive treatment plan consisting of 8 drugs and neti pot flushing twice a day. (That is a very weird thing to say the least.) Today I seem to be feeling better but I also feel like I am on speed. I am not sure which drug is doing that... most of my extremities feel heavy but my mind is racing. Maybe it is just mommy adrenaline kicking in.


My new friend and replacement at work, Tracy, came over and helped me pack. It was wonderful! We got so much accomplished in just a few short hours I was amazed. To those of you who requested the packing list and I sent it to you, I should note that it was missing dad's socks and baby swim suit. I think we have probably packed twice the amount of things on the list. We just cannot condense. We are not light packing people. I tried, really I did, but baby clothes are just too cute and I don't know what size she will be wearing. Honestly, the drugs they suggest we take amount to nothing less than an entire pharmacy. I don't know what the 3 of us could catch that could not be cured in a multitude of ways. It is just nuts.

Ha - Tracy I got one of you!! And it is a good one so don't complain.

Lots of packing.



Exploding diaper bag.



Oh and I got a semi-impromptu shower at work yesterday which was nice. Courtney if you are reading this send me the pics you took so I can post them! Our next post will probably be made during travel. We are so so close!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hearts and souls go with you on your journey to Norah! We know this will be the trip of a lifetime and will give you many wonderful experiencies and memories to treasure and share.
Dad and I wish we could give you and Barn hugs and kisses before you leave. We will just have to count the days till we see all 3 of you in March and May and shower you then with lots of big smooches.
You have waited so long and we will be so thrilled to know you finally will have your tiny bundle of joy in your arms giving her lots of hugs and kisses plus some from Grandma and Grandpa too.
We wish you a very smooth and safe flight there and back. We wish you joy and peace in your hearts. We love you both so very much!!!!!!
We are putting faith and trust in the internet to give us great pictures and communication each step of the way. Finally, the time has come for baby Norah to come home!!!! Yeah!!!!!!
Much love from Grandma and Grandpa in Florida!!!!!!

Dawn said...

Have a safe trip and we look forward to following your journey to get Norah. We are very excited that CHI families are on the move, again. Congratulations!!!

K said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip to Vietnam. I hope that it's everything you have dreamed of. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you guys. I'm really sorry about your illnesses. Not at all a fun way to start this kind of trip. I hope that you start feeling better very soon.

Enjoy this - it's an amazing experience.

Stacie said...

Yay! You're off to Norah! Have a wonderful, amazing trip!!

Anonymous said...

I have goose pimples all over !!! I am so happy for you guys. My internet went down and I when I get back up and running - I discovered your life hit fast forward on me. I never expected it to move so fast. I can't wait for our children to meet.
JAN

Kathryn said...

It's so time someone traveled, especially YOU!!! Can't wait to follow along!

Anonymous said...

terri h-I have a small army praying for quick healing and safe travels I am sooooo excited for you. Take your time and treasure all these memories!!

Ann said...

Have a wonderful trip,,we will be following you journey...and "carry on " your meds and documents...you don't want to loose them. Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and amazing journey, can't wait to read all about it! Cograts!
Missy & Bill