Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 1, 2008

I-600 Approved!!!

OMG, we are going to Vietnam!!!! (I can't believe I just said OMG. I really need to lay off the NyQuil.) As if having work closed, on a month end, for 8 inches of snow wasn't exciting enough this morning. I checked my email and out I-600 approval was waiting there for us! We cannot believe this is actually happening, that in a week we will be leaving for Vietnam. Yesterday we got a call from our agency that they wanted us to expedite our Visas asap as the I-600 approvals seemed to have speed up. We were thinking best case scenario would be approval on the 5th. Worst case, the week after the Tet holiday. I did NOT expect an approval this morning. So we braved the deathly highways and got our Visa application sent on its way. With the approval, snow and bags full of new baby clothes (Old Navy had a 50% off clearance items yesterday, who can beat that? Norah's brand new winter coat was $4.47!!) it finally feels like Christmas. Looks like we will be leaving at the end of next week sometime to have our G & R on or around the 12th. We know from our weekly update that 1 other family will be traveling with us and we will be returning around the 23rd. This is so awesome! We are thrilled!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't this the best feeling ever???? I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to follow your journey in VN. Keep us updated!

Destination Motherhood said...

CONGRATS! That's great news, see the snow storm happened so you can stay home and get ready :)

Karen Wall said...

I am so happy for you guys and know that the moment that I-600 showed up in your mailbox your life changed for the better!! LEt me know if you have any questions since we just got back and I will try to answer them for you as best I can! Also, if you need anything we live very close and would be happy to help!

:) Congrats again! Karen kaw7rf@yahoo.com

Living to Love said...

Congrats!! Yippeee!! Can't wait to follow you to Vietnam and back!

K said...

What great news!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I can't WAIT to follow along!

Stacie said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! So excited for you! This is so much earlier than you thought right?! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so looking forward to following your journey with Norah in your arms!! Yippee! (I'm happy for you - can you tell?)

gigglechirp said...

Congrats!!!

Jessica and Eddie said...

Yeah!!! So happy for you guys.

Dawn said...

YEA!!! We are so happy to see another CHI family finally being able to travel. We cannot wait to follow along with you, via your blog, to get Norah! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for you. That wonderful time has come to get your daughter! Please let us know if you need anything! Congrats again and you will be in our prayers!
Matt & Ali Rankey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Danielle! What perfect timing for heading into warm, sunny weather! I can't wait to read about your travels to bring home Norah!

Gina

Dawn said...

CONGRATS ~ That is wonderful!!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congratulations!! Your daughter is precious, and that is so exciting that you are going to bring her home!! I linked to your blog through the CHI first time parents group. We are waiting for our 2nd trip to Russia to get our little boy. I wish you all the best in your packing, preparation, and trip to bring Norah home!

Kathryn said...

I'm really excited for you and can't wait to follow you to Vietnam. Even if it is only through your blog; one of these days we'll have a referral and be traveling too.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Congratulation to you and Nora, I
am glad for you, she will be in your arm soon, enjoy VN, it is a festive time with NY celebration, you will have a good time, the whole VN is celebrating and sharing your joy. MimiLam, halonh8@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Janise and I are happy for you both, hope we get to see Norah in person soon, love you both, Jim and Janise in Tennessee

Anonymous said...

Okay, I keep coming back for more info, although I'm not really sure what I'm looking for! So if you can think of anything exciting about your plans to share, SHARE IT!! :) I can't even wait to read your posts from VN!!!

Christi Crow said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! We'll be following your journey to Vietnam!

Children's Hope International said...

Congratulations!!

Jennifer N.